WHAT IS TNFTP?
`tnftp' is a `port' of the NetBSD FTP client to other systems.
See http://www.NetBSD.org/ for more details about NetBSD.
tnftp was formerly known as `lukemftp'
It was renamed to `tnftp' by Luke Mewburn in February 2003.
The enhancements over the standard ftp client in 4.4BSD (and
* command-line editing within ftp
* command-line fetching of URLS, including support for:
- http proxies (see $http_proxy, $ftp_proxy)
* configurable prompt
* context sensitive command and filename completion
* dynamic progress bar
* feature negotiation extensions from RFC 2389
(see `feat' and `remopts')
* extensions to ftp from the IETF ftpext working group
(see `mlsd' and `mlst')
* IPv6 support (from the WIDE project)
* modification time preservation
* paging of local and remote files, and of directory listings
(see `lpage', `page', `pdir')
* passive mode support, with fallback to active mode
* retrieval of filenames listed in a given file (see `fget')
* `set option' override of ftp environment variables
* TIS Firewall Toolkit gate ftp proxy support (see `gate')
* transfer-rate throttling (see `-T', `rate')
* uploading of files on the command line (see `-u')
* (Dante) SOCKS5 support
Previous features, currently disabled until a test system is available:
* SOCKS4 support
Refer to `INSTALL' for more information on how to compile and install tnftp.
FEEDBACK / BUG REPORTS
Please email feedback back to the maintainer:
Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>.
tnftp is covered by a BSD-style copyright notice.
Please refer to the file `COPYING' for more information.
The primary ftp site for tnftp is:
$NetBSD: README,v 1.4 2007/08/07 02:06:54 lukem Exp $