support for multiple file pairs

2006-06-19
2013-05-08
  • Larry Lansing
    Larry Lansing
    2006-06-19

Somewhere between the 3.x and 4.x releases of tkdiff, support for diffing more than one pair of files seems to have disappeared.  What happened?

• Tim
    Tim
    2011-10-19

+1

Please add back the support for diffing pairs of files. This is extremely useful with a source control system such as git. I'm having to use the old 3.x versions because the functionality is missing in 4.x.

• DorothyR
    DorothyR
    2011-10-19

I don't understand.  Was it a command-line invocation that no longer works, or was there something in the UI?

• DorothyR
    DorothyR
    2011-11-09

Really, I'll be happy to try to get this working again if I can understand what it is that doesn't work.  Help?

• Daniel Boyd
    Daniel Boyd
    2013-04-17

The command line used to allow you to specify several pairs of files, with a colon between them.
    Imagine I've got the original in directory 'orig' and the modified in directory 'new':

tkdiff orig/file1.txt new/file1.txt : orig/file2.txt new/file2.txt : orig/file3.txt new/file3.txt

That would bring up tkdiff with the diffs for file1, file2, and file3 all together - the "File Pairs" menu would list them as follows:

orig/file1.txt - new/file1.txt
        orig/file2.txt - new/file2.txt
        orig/file3.txt - new/file3.txt