TkCVS 8.2.3 Windows XP graphical branch issue

2012-01-08
2013-04-17
  • Brian Hagen
    Brian Hagen
    2012-01-08

I love TkSVN, but I have encountered a problem when running TkCVS 8.2.3 on Windows XP. I don't encounter this problem when accessing the same repository with TkCVS 8.1 on Linux.

I'm new here, and added this as bug ID 3471036. I hope that was the right thing to do.

• DorothyR
    DorothyR
    2012-01-08

Thanks for your very thorough bug report.  This kind of problem is hard to debug, but at a minimum TkCVS could be more robust in the case of missing variables.  Samba puts a whole new twist on things, which I've never tested since I barely use Windows at all.

• Brian Hagen
    Brian Hagen
    2012-01-09

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help-collecting more data, running test code, etc.

• Brian Hagen
    Brian Hagen
    2012-01-12

I enabled all debug levels, and enabled tracing on three different systems:
    1. XP TkCVS 8.2.3
        a. Successful branch diagram
        b. Failed branch diagram
    2. Ubuntu 9.10, TkCVS 8.1
        a. Successful branch diagrams (for the same files in case 1 above).
    3. Xubuntu 10.04, TkCVS 8.2 (As a virtual machine, running on the XP system in case 1 above).
        a. Successful branch diagrams (for the same files in case 1 above).
    I can attach some, or all of those log files. However, because of they contain the svn logs for most of the repository, I would have to obfuscate them before attaching them here. I may be able to encrypt them and email them to a directly to a developer as an alternative. What's the preferred method?

• DorothyR
    DorothyR
    2012-01-13

Ah, a debug trace.  Good.  You could mail me an encrypted copy at dorothyr@users.sf.net, if that works for you.

dorothy

• Brian Hagen
    Brian Hagen
    2012-01-14

I tried to email earlier from my gmail account, but it bounced back with a delivery failure notice. Is your email configured to accept mail from external servers? I looked into the "send me a message" link from your page to try and send it through sourceforge, but I didn't see a mechanism for file attachment. Oh, and what encryption method would you prefer?