Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

.trPaths with Tinn R 2.3.7.1 still

pluvialis
2012-02-12
2012-09-25
  • pluvialis
    pluvialis
    2012-02-12

    Hi all

    Sorry for this umpteenth message about this error; I've been looking for hours
    for a solution on forums but am tired with it now.

    so, I had the .trPaths error with Tinn R 2.3.7.1 and solved it by changing the
    path into the rprofile script as suggested. This worked for previous versions
    of Tinn R that I used (and that for some uninteresting reasons I can't use
    anymore).

    The issue is that in the rprofile script, the original code (i.e. that without
    the good .trpath) is recreated under the corrected code at each opening of
    Tinn R. Thus, the initial .trpath is reset each time (and thus, the "send
    selection" function crashes again).

    I guess this has something to do with the information box that I get when
    opening Rprofile: "The basic configuration was done successfully in the file
    above". But I can't find how to inactivate this unwanted update.

    Any idea?

    Sorry for potential duplicate - I couldn't find any message about this
    particular issue but may be too tired to search efficiently.

    Any help much appreciated!

    Thanks a lot

    JYB

     
  • jcfaria
    jcfaria
    2012-02-13

    Hi JYB,

    Please, send me a email: joseclaudio.faria@gmail.com,
    I will try to help you.

    Best,
    JCFaria

     
  • Melita
    Melita
    2012-02-20

    Hallo JYB, jcfaria

    looking forward for the solution of this problem.

    I also installed new versions of R and Tinn-R on Windows 7 and experiencing
    the same problem. Fortunately the old Tinn-R version is working for me.

    Regards,
    Melita.

     
  • jcfaria
    jcfaria
    2012-02-20

    Hello Melita,

    Please, send me a email: joseclaudio.faria@gmail.com,
    I will try to help you.

    JCFaria

     
  • Jelly
    Jelly
    2012-06-13

    Hi all,

    I think I am encountering the same problem.
    I just updated R to version 2.15.0 (on Windows 7); but made no changes to
    Tinn-R. I had made adjustments for a similar .trPaths error when I last
    updated Tinn-R to my current version 2.3.7.1 and it was thereafter sending
    selections fine.

    Now sending a line of code to R works fine, but no more.

    My Rconfigure_default.r is pasted below. I sent this, line by line, to R but
    that and other things I tried based on other forum posts have not worked. Can
    you help/ have I missed something obvious?

    Thanks very much!
    KR

    ===============================================================

    Tinn-R: necessary packages and functions

    Tinn-R: >= 2.2.0.2 with TinnR package >= 1.0.3

    ===============================================================

    Set the URL of the preferred repository, below some examples:

    options(repos='http://software.rc.fas.harvard.edu/mirrors/R/') # USA

    options(repos='[http://cran.ma.imperial.ac.uk/](http://cran.ma.imperial.ac.uk

    /)') # UK

    options(repos='[http://brieger.esalq.usp.br/CRAN/](http://brieger.esalq.usp.b

    r/CRAN/)') # Brazil

    library(utils)

    Check necessary packages

    necessary <- c('TinnR', 'svSocket')
    installed <- necessary %in% installed.packages()
    if (length(necessary) >=1)
    install.packages(necessary)

    Load packages

    library(TinnR)
    library(svSocket)

    Uncoment the two lines below if you want Tinn-R to always start R at start-

    up

    (Observation: check the path of Tinn-R.exe)

    options(IDE='C:/Tinn-R/bin/Tinn-R.exe')

    trStartIDE()

    Set options

    options(use.DDE=T)

    Start DDE

    trDDEInstall()

    .trPaths <- paste(paste(Sys.getenv('APPDATA'), '\Tinn-R\tmp\', sep=''),
    c('', 'search.txt', 'objects.txt', 'file.r', 'selection.r', 'block.r',
    'lines.r'), sep='')