Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Using in commercial projects

Vladimir
2007-07-05
2013-05-08
  • Vladimir
    Vladimir
    2007-07-05

Hello, All!

I make up my mind to create own MIDI player (standalone library) for Windows CE platforms based on Timidity,
    but I have some problem with it. I intend to use this player in commercial projects and
    I don't want to public source code of the player. Can I use Timidity with another license
    (I understand that it will not be free of charge) in my project? Who dealt with the same issue
    help me, please!

• timidity is under the GPL. You can't release it under another license without the author's permission. It's best you use the e-mail addresses in the copyright headers (if they still work) or the mailing list - the authors don't check the forums, AFAIK.

• Vladimir
        Vladimir
        2007-07-05

Thanks for your answer.
        I have one more question. Who is the author of the timidity? I havn't found any e-mails :(, may be I ommited something. How can I contacted with him?

Regards, Vladimir

• If you have the timidity source, you'll notice that every .c/.h source file has a copyright header. You'll find the names of the copyright holders for that source file, and an e-mail address (which may not work anymore). Alternately, you could post to the mailing list, and see if the authors reply to you.

• Vladimir
        Vladimir
        2007-07-05

Thanks a lot