Help
RP
2009-04-08
2013-04-06
  • RP
    RP
    2009-04-08

Hello,
    First, let me thank you for an excellent application that I have been using for several years.

I am trying to setup the source code for Timeslottracker in Eclipse because I am interested in tweaking a couple of things to suit my personal preferences. For instance, I would prefer that the "formatDuration" function always report in hh:mm. I have loaded the source code into Eclipse and set the Main class to "net.sf.timeslottracker.Starter", however when I try to run the application, I get "Could not find the main class. Program will exit." and "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/timeslottracker/Starter". It is running against jre1.5.0_06. Are there any suggestions that you can offer for setting this application up in Eclipse, or general tutorials that you can point me toward?

Thank you.
    Rich

• Dear porter6,

First thank you very much. Your happiness it's the best reward in open source project, right next to collaboration :)

I am using IntelliJ Idea, so I cannot give you any Eclipse configuration files. But TST is tool-independent and you can always use ant to build and run it.
      I believe that Eclipse has an option to use build.xml file and an ant to build (and run). If not, you can always use "ant" from command line (from the directory with build.xml file)

The problem with setting it with IDE is that (as you can see in build.xml) there are some extra actions during building. It can be done (maybe Andrei is using eclipse?) and gives you the hot deployment.

About the duration - you are right - it should be available to choose in configuration. If you plan to put back your changes please add an option to configuration. If you are not familiar, just make a Feature Request, it's a rather small change to do.
      I am also interested in what other changes you are planning to make? Will you contribute with them as a patch?
      --
      best regards, zgibek

• RP
        RP
        2009-04-08

Dear zgibek,
        Thanks for your suggestions. I will look into them further and will report back once I have it figured out.

I will be happy to add a configuration option for this change and will offer back any other changes that I make. I am also interested in applying Alex's monitoring patch (very cool!).

I guess the next thing I would wish for this application would be the addition of a minimal "always on top" (perhaps dockable) interface that would allow quick updating of tasks and addition of notes.

Thanks again.
        Rich

• Dear Rich,

> I will be happy to add a configuration option for this change
          > and will offer back any other changes that I make.
          Great! go on then!

> I am also interested in applying Alex's monitoring patch (very cool!).
          I didn't get the last Alex's patch, but only the first one and it's great, you are right. Anyway, I wanted to enhance it a little so I started development some time ago. I had to pause it because of  my other task that's why It's not included in source. I will get the last patch as well and look what's new in it :)
          --
          best regards, zgibek

• glazachev
      glazachev
      2009-04-09

Good day, porter6.

I have commited project file for eclipse in trunk.
      Works for me (eclipse 3.4).

• RP
      RP
      2009-04-09

Thank you, cnitsa. I installed the latest Java SDK, am updating Eclipse and will see if this works.

Rich