Database cannot be created

Help
ELK
2009-04-17
2013-05-28
  • ELK
    ELK
    2009-04-17

When I install your program it says "Database cannot be created". But it starts up and I can fiddle around with it for a little bit. But when I go to the Preferences, it says "An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must be shut down."

I like your program and would like to use it. Help?

• Same problem here.

I’m working on a Mac, 1.8 GHz Power PC, 2 GB RAM, MAC OS X 10.5.6.

• Sim
      Sim
      2009-05-21

I have to same problem. I have  4x 2,5 GHz PowerPC G5, 6,5 GB RAM, OSX 10.5.7 and MBP 2,5 GHz intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, OSX 10.5.7. This problem is on both computers. I thin that problem is betwen timeEdition and iCal. Do somebody know more info about this?

• melsie
    melsie
    2010-02-05

I'm wondering if any of you managed to solve this issue and use time edition???
    Keeping my fingers crossed

Melsie

• Ita
    Ita
    2010-02-25

Ditto

• Ita
    Ita
    2010-02-26

Solved it!
    In "Preferences/Misc" just select the default  folder to file documents.

• amy saeter
    amy saeter
    2011-01-11

I tried this fix but it didn't work. Any other suggestions???

• Anonymous
    2011-05-03

I had the same problem. First I tried running DiskWarrior on all my HDDs, with no effect. Then I used Time Machine (Mac OS X) to restore the previous backup of the default TimeEdition database (in /Library/Application Support/timeEdition). Now the software works as before with all my customers, projects & tasks restored, as well as the records.
    Hope this helps someone else.

Computer: PowerMac G4 (FW800)

• David
    David
    2011-09-26

Frustrated that I couldn't access my time records for a rather large job, I finally rebooted from an older system 10.4 on another drive. Glad I kept it so I didn't have to reinstall it. I wasn't able to access the latest files which were corrupt, but I was able to find a backup from before the problems. Whew! I'm done with TimeEdition! Hope this helps someone. —David