Menu

Compiling error: CableOptions

cblt2l
2010-01-28
2013-04-03
  • cblt2l

cblt2l - 2010-01-28

Hi, I'm trying to compile tilem on an ubuntu 8.04 machine but I get the following error after make.

In file included from gui/linkset.c:30:
    gui/../core/dep/link.h:11: error: conflicting types for ‘CableOptions’
    /usr/local/include/tilp2/ticables.h:253: error: previous declaration of ‘CableOptions’ was here
    gui/linkset.c: In function ‘setuplink’:
    gui/linkset.c:61: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
    gui/linkset.c:64: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
    make[2]: *** [linkset.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/frank/Desktop/tilem-0.973/src/tilem'
    make[1]: *** [xtilem] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/frank/Desktop/tilem-0.973/src'
    make: *** [compile] Error 2

I have libticables2-1.3.0 installed (compiled form source) if that makes a difference. I have tried examining the files linkset.c and ticables.h to try and spot the problem but unfortunately I am new at this and I can't figure it out. If anyone could help me get this running I would greatly appreciate it.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'm not familiar with old Tilem codebase but from what I can see in the repository you have three solutions :
      * get old (but probably newer than the pacakage you have) Tilem code from CVS repo that supports libticables2
      * get new Tilem code from SVN repo (not fully ready yet so you might prefer to wait for a proper release)
      * downgrade libticables (not recommended)

• Nobody/Anonymous

I used the code from the cvs repo and it compiled, installed and runs without problems. Thank you.