64bit compatibility

2009-09-02
2013-04-03
  • I was able to install TilEM on a Windows machine and 32bit Linux, but I can't get it to work on a 64bit Linux box (Ubuntu Jaunty).  Any suggestions?

• Hi !

Thank you for creating this topic.

TilEm was not designed to run on 64bit system.
    Sorry.

Personally I can not help you more.
    ("personnally" because I'm not alone)

Have fun with TilEm ! (on 32bit ;D )

Best regards.

contra-sh

• Bumpity-bump. I have this exact problem with r660. It's been two and a half years, so…
    Anyway, the relevant section from the compile is this:

gcc -g -O2 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings    -o tilem2 tilem2.o address.o animatedgif.o animation.o breakpoints.o config.o charmap.o debugger.o disasmview.o emulator.o emucore.o emuwin.o event.o filedlg.o files.o fixedtreeview.o gifencod.o icons.o keybindings.o keypaddlg.o link.o macro.o memmodel.o memview.o memory.o pbar.o preferences.o sendfile.o screenshot.o skinops.o ti81prg.o menu.o rcvmenu.o tool.o  -L../db -ltilemdb -L../emu -ltilemcore -pthread -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgio-2.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lcairo -lpango-1.0 -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lgobject-2.0 -lgthread-2.0 -lrt -lglib-2.0   -lticalcs2 -lticables2 -ltifiles2 -lticonv -lglib-2.0   
    /usr/bin/ld: ../emu/libtilemcore.a(graycolor.o): undefined reference to symbol 'pow@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
    /usr/bin/ld: note: 'pow@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO /lib64/libm.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line
    /lib64/libm.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

• Hi,

Thank you for reporting your issue.
    This is not exactly the same issue in fact.

You should be able to compile it for 64bits OSes simply because I do it easily on my personnal computer :)
    Reading the compilation error you gave, it seems you have not the right "libm" required (we should probably test it into the configure script I'm not sure if it's done currently).

So please try to install a valid libm library then give us some feedback if it works.

One more time. Thank you for the report.

I'm waiting for reading you.

Best regards.

Thibault

• Benjamin Moody
    Benjamin Moody
    2012-07-21

Yes, this problem has nothing to do with your CPU type.  We should have been including -lm in LIBS to link with the math library (apparently older versions of GTK+ would include -lm automatically, but this was changed at some point.)  Should be fixed now.

• It indeed works now. Thank you very much!