This is EDK style package and the following steps can help to build the package:
1. Download the newly EDK Shell project Efi-Shell-Dev-Snapshot-20090527.zip from the following URL and unzip it to
a local directory in workspace, for example, $(WORKSPACE)\Shell:
Alternatively, the EDK Shell source directory can be retrieved from the following SVN address:
SVN Revision r33 corresponds to Efi-Shell-Dev-Snapshot-20090527.zip development snapshot.
2. Update EDK_SHELL_DIR macro in the [Defines] section in EdkShellPkg.dsc to point to
the directory containing the EDK Shell source directory, e.g. $(WORKSPACE)\Shell.
3. The EDK II style DSC file is used to validate build EDK Shell source & EDK compatibility package and can
generate the binaries in EdkShellBinPkg.
To use this file, execute the following command under workspace to build EDK Shell source:
build -a IA32 -a X64 -a IPF -p EdkShellPkg\EdkShellPkg.dsc
4. If you need to compile for GCC or ARM you will need to apply ShellR33.patch.
cd $(WORKSPACE)/Shell and execute patch -p1 < $(WORKSPACE)/EdkShellPkg/ShellR33.patch.
If you are using a case sensative file system there are a few case bugs that patch
would not fix. Just fix the case of the file to match its usage and you should be
able to compile.
5. If you need to use the binaries that are built from this package, be sure to update platform FDF file
to replace the binaries from EdkShellBinPkg.