Installation hangs and fails to complete

Help
Dan Segal
2012-01-09
2013-06-17
  • Dan Segal
    Dan Segal
    2012-01-09

I am unable to install ThManager. The installer hangs and fails to complete the process.  I experienced this on two different PC's: 1) Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit, and 2) Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 SP3.   The problem occurs with and without the firewall and anti-virus enabled.  The problem also occurs when selecting either a dedicated JVM for ThManager, or an existing JVM on the PC.  Any suggestions?

• Hi, we have been trying to install ThManager in these two environments, while we have not found any problem in the installation on Windows XP (neither on 32 nor on 64 bits), we have found out that installation fails on Windows 7. It has to do with the installation software that may be incompatbile with that operating system.  Nevertheless we have just uploaded a portable version of ThManager 2.0 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/thmanager/files/ThManager-Installers/2.0/ThManager_2.0_winPortable.zip/download) ready to drag and drop where needed, in this distribution .exe executable file has been replaced by a .bat command file (Java Runtime Environment has to be already installed on your system). Please let us know any problems you may have

• Dan Segal
    Dan Segal
    2012-01-11

Thank you for your reply and for uploadng the portable version.  The files unzip OK, but when I launch the ThManager.bat file I obtain an error (see below).   I am using JRE (Version 6 Update 30).

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThManager>java -Xms256M -Xmx512M -noverify -Djava.libary.
    path=.\lib -Djava.security.policy=sgl.policy -jar .\lib\ThManager.jar ThManager.
    properties system.properties icons.properties
    'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

• Hello segald, when I installed ThManager on Windows 7 I obtained the same error, that is because your JDK is not on your Operating System path.  I installed JDK (Version 7) for 64 bits operating system, the URL where you can download this is:
    http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/7u2-b13/jdk-7u2-windows-x64.exe
    Try to install this Java Version and run ThManager.bat again
    Thanks for your interest and again, send us any problem you could find

• Dan Segal
    Dan Segal
    2012-01-11

Success!  ThManager.bat launches after I installed JDK (Version 7).  Thank you for your suggestion and your prompt response.  Much appreciated!

• David Thompson
    David Thompson
    2013-06-16

I'm trying to install ThManager in Windows 8, but the installation hangs. I installed JDK 7 and it still hangs. I could not find the portable version of ThManager, the url given above seems to no longer exist. Anyone have any other ideas?
    Thx.