copy-paste on Kubuntu, GUI-font on Ubuntu - ?

2009-05-28
2012-12-10
  • Renate Müller
    Renate Müller
    2009-05-28

Hello!
    This is a real, real nice program to stumble upon at the beginning of writing my dissertation - just what I was looking for!
    Basically it works fine on my Ubuntu/Kubuntu laptop but for two problems:

1) Copy-paste doesn't work in Kubuntu while it works in Ubuntu. I don't have the slightest idea why this should be so.

2) I work with Chinese data and need Chinese characters to be displayed. In Kubuntu this works well, but not in Ubuntu. In Ubuntu all Chinese characters outside citations (i.e. everything connected with the GUI) are either displayed as a Chinese character or as a square (about half - half). I fiddled around with the font settings in preferences but it didn't work in Ubuntu (but worked in Kubuntu).

I would very much appreciate the solution to one of my two problems i.e. either be able to use the program without problem in Ubuntu or in Kubuntu.

Thank you!

• Erik Norvelle
      Erik Norvelle
      2009-05-28

Greetings, and thanks for the nice words about the program.

This is probably an issue caused by Java on K/Ubuntu.  I suggest therefore posting a message on a forum at http://ubuntuforums.org/ in order to inquire more about the problems, since it is quite likely that other users have encountered the same issues.

Cheers,
      Erik

• Renate Müller
      Renate Müller
      2009-05-28

Thank you, Erik, for your really prompt answer - I'll try what you suggest and see what I get.
      Best,
      Rena