it used to use QString::fromUtf8 in an older version, but afair that did not work with filenames containing umlauts on a German system,
so I changed it to QFile::decodeName. (see https://sourceforge.net/p/texstudio/code/2027/)

Perhaps different synctex version encode the file names differently?


On 08/11/2013 10:35 PM, Yuriy Kolerov wrote:
There is a well known (for not native English speakers) bug — "Go to PDF" does not work in Windows if the latex file's path consists of unicode characters. I've just realized why it happens
As I know, SyncTeX always encodes .synctex files by UTF8. TeXstudio uses QFile::decodeName (PDFDocument.cpp, 2819) to decode paths from .synctex file. It's fine while paths does not consist of cyrillic letters :-) QFile::decodeName uses a system's code page, but it's a wrong behaviour in Windows (remember — paths are stored as UTF8 strings).
Take a look at the patch. Now "Go to PDF" works for me with these modifications. But it is necessary to do tests for other systems and languages.
Yuriy Kolerov

Get 100% visibility into Java/.NET code with AppDynamics Lite!
It's a free troubleshooting tool designed for production.
Get down to code-level detail for bottlenecks, with <2% overhead. 
Download for free and get started troubleshooting in minutes. 

TeXstudio-list mailing list