Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

texstudio.ini on Mac OS X

TXS - Help
PatrickT
2014-02-15
2014-02-17
  • PatrickT
    PatrickT
    2014-02-15

I've used TeXStudio for some years now and love it. I use many computers and OS and sync my preferences across machines via the texstudio.ini file. However, for the first time I'm on a Mac OS X, and am not too familiar with it. I'm looking for the texstudio.ini file.

The FAQs (link below) suggest this: Linux/Unix/Mac: ~/.config/texstudio/texstudio.ini, and that is indeed where it is on linux, but certainly not on my Mac.

In a thread here there is a mention in passing that it might be inside the application bundle. Is that so? And if so does anyone know how I might be able to extract it from the bundle?

Thanks!

https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/texstudio/index.php?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions

• Tim Hoffmann
    Tim Hoffmann
    2014-02-16

The default is ~/.config/texstudio/texstudio.ini. Howerver, another location may be chosen if the default path cannot be accessed. You can also find the location by Options -> Save Profile .... The inital directory of the following save dialog contains the currently used texstudio.ini.

Please let us know where the file is located in your installation, so we may give more precise information in the FAQ.

• PatrickT
    PatrickT
    2014-02-17

Apologies, the texstudio.ini file was indeed where it was supposed to be. I was confused about where my ~/ directory was, because I'm not the admin on the machine and I was looking in the wrong place. Thanks a lot for your help!