How to disable Alt+Shift switching to menubar in TeXstudio?

TXS - Help
alpro
2013-12-31
2014-04-01
  • alpro
    alpro
    2013-12-31

I'm using Alt+Shift for layout switching, so using multiple layouts is problematically in TexStudio (when press alt+shift, application switches to menubar and pressing again alt+shift switches back to text with previously layout... so necessary use mouse for switching to text).

I'm using Ubuntu 13.10 (KDE4 desktop environment, but this problem was in Unity DE (Ubuntu 13.04)).

In other applications (including Qt Apps, e.g. JuffEd) this problem doesn't appear.

UPD: Now the same question but in relation to shortcut "Alt".

Last edit: alpro 2014-01-02
  • alpro
    alpro
    2014-01-02

Now this problem suddenly is disappeared... But I don't know how (I didn't change application or system settings); I was typing in TeXstudio almost continuously, so application wasn't even restarted...

Jan Sundermeyer, thanks for reply.
    Now in Settings -> Window Behaviour I clear shortcut "All Windows: Reverse" (was Alt+Shift+Tab), so let us see what will happen.

• alpro
    alpro
    2014-01-02

Can I disable Alt key as switcher to menubar?

• Tim Hoffmann
    Tim Hoffmann
    2014-01-02

This is also handled by the window manager.

• alpro
    alpro
    2014-01-03

There (https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=119019) they say that in my case this problem only with concrete TeXstudio application (I didn't find other KDE/Qt applications with the same problem)...

• does not do so here (alt+shift , Kubuntu 12.04)

• Tim Hoffmann
    Tim Hoffmann
    2014-01-03

Which settings are you using for

Preferences -> General -> Appearance -> Style
    and
    Preferences -> General -> Appearance -> Color Scheme

You can try different combinations of the above settings. Does it happen with all of them?

• alpro
    alpro
    2014-04-01

I have the same problem in Cinnamon desktop environment (Linux Mint).
    Sometimes when I press Alt+Shift (layout switching), the input cursor is blocked and if then I press arrow (up/down, left/right) — the menubar item is opened; so I can switch back to input cursor only by Esc pressing.

Last edit: alpro 2014-04-01