Position of the cursor does not match the mouse click

TXS - Help
2013-08-16
2013-08-20
  • Thomas Geury
    Thomas Geury
    2013-08-16

Hello,

I have a problem with the editor of TeXstudio. When I click somewhere into my code, the cursor brings me most of the time in another place (usually at the beginning of an equation or the end of a paragraph). If I try to move up into my code with the arrow on the keyboard, it regularly jumps tens of lines or always comes back to the same place after going through several lines.
    With the search panel, when I start typing the word to find, the cursor moves automatically into the code and starts to write there, which is pretty annoying.

Do you have any clue what could be the problem?

Thank you!

• Tim Hoffmann
    Tim Hoffmann
    2013-08-16

Which version of TXS are you using and which OS?

• Thomas Geury
    Thomas Geury
    2013-08-19

Here is the version of TXS:

TeXstudio 2.3 (SVN 2471)
    Using Qt Version 4.7.0, compiled with Qt 4.7.0

And I'm using Windows 7

• Thomas Geury
    Thomas Geury
    2013-08-19

Now I noticed that it happens only when the internal pdf viewer is open (which is pretty much all the time). When I use "ctrl+click" in the pdf viewer it redirects me to the corresponding code but the pdf viewer does not update automatically when I modify the code.

Is there a way to avoid this?

• Tim Hoffmann
    Tim Hoffmann
    2013-08-19

First, I'd recommend to upgrade to the current version (2.6.2). Just download and install (anyway a good idea because the have been plenty of new features and bugfixes).

If the problem still exists, report back if it makes any difference if you have Configure -> "Scrolling follows Cursor" enabled.

• Thomas Geury
    Thomas Geury
    2013-08-20

The new version solved the problem, thanks for the help!