Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

new menu item

TXS - Help
Marcel
2014-02-23
2014-02-25
  • Marcel
    Marcel
    2014-02-23

Hey!

It's possible to create a new menu item in the tools -> commands menu? I ask, because in the settings under menus (with show all) you can right-click in a line and "Insert New Menu Item (before)". But when i do this (for me with makeglossary) then the new menu item isn't saved.

According to description it's only possible to rename and replace the latex-code in the Math/Latex menu.

I'm a bit puzzled about the possibility of creating a new menu item. >.<

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

• It's possible to create a new menu item in the tools -> commands menu?

Yes.

The "Insert New Menu Item (before)" item should work (and does here).

How did you use it?

• Marcel
    Marcel
    2014-02-23

I click on "Insert New Menu Item (before)" and type in the line
    Name $ Command $ Slot
    Make&glossary $ txs:///makeglossary $ commandFromAction()

When i click "ok", then the command Makeglossary doesn't appear in the tools -> commands menu and in the settings.

btw: TeXstudio 2.7.0 beta (hg 4277+:e8a24cb18587+) (from texstudio270beta2.exe)

• Steve Samuels
    Steve Samuels
    2014-02-24

Did you try restarting TexStudio?

• Marcel
    Marcel
    2014-02-25

Yes, i restarted texstudio. no effects.

but, i don't know what happened, it works now. i did made nothing different.

It is possible to delete and arrange menu items?

Last edit: Marcel 2014-02-25
  • Tim Hoffmann
    Tim Hoffmann
    2014-02-25

Explicit deleting and rearranging is not supported. But you can deactivate menu items at Options -> Menus. Also you can add new items.

• Marcel
    Marcel
    2014-02-25

Ok, thanks. Should i create a feature-request for deleting and rearranging menu items? Or is there no need for?