Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Xelatex not compiling

TXS - Help
David Rose
2013-12-04
2013-12-09
  • David Rose
    David Rose
    2013-12-04

Although relatively new to Tex, I have been using Texstudio for some time now to produce documents in Latex without problems.
    I am now trying to write using Xelatex and have set the build/default compiler to "txs:///xelatex".
    I am using MikTex 2.9
    Despite my best endeavours, I keep getting the error message
    "The fontspec package requires either Xetex or Luatex to function }" when I try to run the MWE from the Wiki.Xelatex site:

\documentclass{article}
    \usepackage{fontspec}
    \setmainfont{Palatino Linotype}
    \begin{document}
    \end{document}

From the command line both Xelatex and Xetex are functioning as indeed are Luatex and Lualatex.
    Further details:
    Windows 7; Texstudio 2.6; MikTex 2.9;
    XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.4-0.9998 (MiKTeX 2.9 64-bit) (preloaded format=xelatex 2013.12.4)

Any helpful suggestions appreciated.
    TIA

David Rose

• Tim Hoffmann
    Tim Hoffmann
    2013-12-07

Build & View does not necessarily use the default compiler. Check your build settings.

If you have Build & View set to the pdf chain, look there what is really executed (default is pdflatex). Change that either to txs:///xelatex or to txs:///compile.

See attached screenshot.

• David Rose
    David Rose
    2013-12-09

Tim,
    Many thanks. I have altered the settings as you suggest, and although I still cannot get it to compile, I get different errors. But it does let me know that Xetex is running.
    Thanks again.
    Sorry to be so late in replying.