Forward Search: @ for line number in master document

TXS - Help
2014-02-08
2014-02-10
  • Lukas Oppolzer
    Lukas Oppolzer
    2014-02-08

Hi everyone,

I have a question: When working in a subdocument (that is \include{}'d (edit: \input{} changes nothing) in a master document) and calling the pdf viewer "Sumatra PDF", the command line symbol @ yields the line in the SUBDOCUMENT and therefore Sumatra jumps to this line number in the pdf, which is of course a totally different location then expected.

The complete command is this:
    "C:/Program Files (x86)/SumatraPDF/SumatraPDF.exe" -reuse-instance "%.pdf" -forward-search %.tex @

Is this a bug? Shouldn't the @ command recognize that there is a master file defined and add the line numbers? What else can I do to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

PS. Sorry if this has been answered before, couldn't find it. When working in one document, forward and inverse search work fine.

Last edit: Lukas Oppolzer 2014-02-08
  • You probably should use "?c:ame" or "?c:m.tex" instead %.tex

• Lukas Oppolzer
    Lukas Oppolzer
    2014-02-10

Hm doesn't work. Your first idea has a problem with blanks in the file path (although I included the quotation marks) and shows an error if there are no blanks, and with the second version Sumatra displays an error message, stating that "(filename).tex is unknown".

Thanks anyway. :)