Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

TexStudio Main Window Position

Phil Mayer
2014-05-12
2014-11-16
  • Phil Mayer
    Phil Mayer
    2014-05-12

Dear all,

I have two (physical) screens. Whenever I close TexStudio in MAXIMIZED mode and re-open it, it moves to the non-primary screen, no matter where it was before. This does not occur when TexStudio was closed in normal (non-maximized) window mode.

Is this a known issue/feature?

Philip

• Thiago
      Thiago
      2014-05-12

Did you try to keep the cursor on the desired screen focus it?

2014-05-12 5:43 GMT-03:00, Phil Mayer pmayer@users.sf.net:

Dear all,

I have two (physical) screens. Whenever I close TexStudio in MAXIMIZED mode
      and re-open it, it moves to the non-primary screen, no matter where it was
      before. This does not occur when TexStudio was closed in normal
      (non-maximized) window mode.

Is this a known issue/feature?

Philip

TexStudio Main Window Position

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
      https://sourceforge.net/p/texstudio/discussion/907839/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
      https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

--
      Thiago de Melo

• Phil Mayer
    Phil Mayer
    2014-05-12

Hi,

@Tim: Might be, although the bug talks about the restored window going to the primary screen, whereas in my case it goes to the secondary. Still of course willing to try any fix!

@Thiago: I'm not sure I understand what you are asking; but I am opening TexStudio from a shortcut on my primary screen and keep the (mouse?) cursor there. The splash shows on the primary screen but the window opens on a secondary (actually the second of three).

This is on Windows x64 with the latest TexStudio, sorry, I forgot to mention this.

Philip

• Thiago
      Thiago
      2014-05-24

So you followed my suggestions. It was exactly what I intended to say, but it does not work. Sorry.

• Tim Hoffmann
    Tim Hoffmann
    2014-11-16

The Qt bug mentioned above should be fixed in Qt 4.8.6/5.3.1. We now have builds with theses versions. Do they fix the problem?