Two suggestions about formula preview

X Liu
2013-01-11
2013-01-24
  • X Liu
    X Liu
    2013-01-11

It is really amazing for the preview of TXS. I like it very much. I have to minior suggestions:

(1) Formula command such as [m=\frac{c_l+c_r}{2}] does not have preview, I would like it can be shown in preview.

(2) Some long formulas can not preview propertly in the space, here is an example:

\begin{align}\label{m052}
    \xi&=\frac{\int_a^bx\frac{\overline{\mu}{\widetilde{A}}(x)+\underline{\mu}{\widetilde{A}}(x)}{2}dx}{\int_a^b\frac{\overline{\mu}{\widetilde{A}}(x)+\underline{\mu}{\widetilde{A}}(x)}{2}dx}\notag\
    &=\frac{\int a^b x\left(\underline{\mu}{\widetilde{A}}(x)+\overline{\mu}{\widetilde{A}}(x)\right)dx}
    {\int _a^b\left(\underline{\mu}
    {\widetilde{A}}(x)+\overline{\mu}{\widetilde{A}}(x)\right)dx}=c{NT}
    \end{align}

(3) Oh, another problem: Can I input the math space commands such \quad in the toolbar? I only find them in the math submenu, which is some incenvenient for me.

Would you make them fixed in some way? Thank you very much! Happy New Year!

Last edit: X Liu 2013-01-11
  • 1)2) What exactly is the problem? It works fine for me (see attachment)

3) You can map an menu command on a toolbar on config \ toolbars page (choose "all menus" and then select it)

Attachments
  • X Liu
    X Liu
    2013-01-23

Thank you very much for your reply!

(1)A minor comments for 2) is that the command
    [m=\frac{c_l+c_r}{2}]
    does not invoke dvipng.exe automatically that also show the equation automatically when ever I put mouse icon on it, which is some different from the command
    \begin{equation}
    m=\frac{c_l+c_r}{2}
    \end{equation}

(2) I wonder how the inline preview equations are shown in your attachment. Can I make the inline preview shown automatically? Now I can only make the inline preview to show the selected equation with command Alt+P

Thanks!

Last edit: X Liu 2013-01-23
  • I minor comments for 2) is that the command

It probably does not show the preview for [] brackets, because we did
    not want
    it to show the preview for optional arguments, like the [2] in
    \newcommand{\foobar}[2]{#1}

Can I make the inline preview shown automatically?

I don't think so

• X Liu
    X Liu
    2013-01-24

Thank you very much for your reply!

• Tim Hoffmann
    Tim Hoffmann
    2013-01-24

I think there's a misunderstanding because of the markdown syntax used in this forum. It requires escaping \ and [. See Formatting Help.

Preview of

\[m=\frac{c_l+c_r}{2}\]

should work.

Can I make the inline preview shown automatically?

I don't think so

No, it cannot be shown automatically. Except, if you really want to try and hack around that with scripting. That might work, but is likely not easy to realize.