Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Auto reload bug

givoLtaqe
2014-04-07
2014-04-10
  • givoLtaqe
    givoLtaqe
    2014-04-07

My texstudio always reloads files upon external changes without notice. Disabling the "silent reload" option doesn't work. Same problem on two different computers. I don't think the previous version had this problem.
    I'm running TeXstudio 2.7.0 (hg 4307+:7e7903c73aac+) on win7 x64 and win8 x64.
    Sorry I just noticed there's bug section after posting. Cannot delete this.

Last edit: givoLtaqe 2014-04-07
  • Tim Hoffmann
    Tim Hoffmann
    2014-04-10

This is how reloading works:
    - If a file has not yet been modified at all in TXS, it will always be reloaded. (There is no information loss in applying the external changes).
    - If a file has no unsaved changes, reloading depends on the silent reload setting. (The external change can be applied without loss of text information, however, it's not possible to do any undo in the editor after that).
    - If a file has unsaved changes, there is always a dialog. (There is a conflict between the text in the editor and the external file content).

Please report back if you observe any other behavior than the above one and specify under which circumstances.