#264 Latex messeges from main document are parsed incorrectly

closed-fixed
5
2010-01-18
2010-01-12
Alexander Herz
No

I'm running MikTex 2.8.3563 and TexNic alpha build 1071 on vista. Latex messages for any document but the main tex file (so they are \included or similar) are parsed correctly (I can double click them to get to the line which caused the output; the file is displayed in the file column in the error view correctly).
Messeges originating from the main tex file are shown in the error view as well, but no file name is displayed in the file column. this alone would be fine with me, but double clicking on the error spawns a message box saing that "adkljfhadk lsj not found" and does not jump to the correct line. Where "adkljfhadk lsj" is some weird unicode characters I cannot type here.

I've attached the latex log which includes 2 errors, the first one is parsed incorrectly, the second one is parsed correctly.
Related to this: It would be nice if the line latex outputs after an error or warning would be included in the error view as it tells you what went wrong.

Discussion

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Sergiu Dotenco
    Sergiu Dotenco
    2010-01-13

    Please provide a TeX document (as small as possible) that allows to reproduce the problem.

     
  • Alexander Herz
    Alexander Herz
    2010-01-13

    The example I uploaded uses two undefined commands: \unkown0 (in the maintex file) and \unkown1 (in the included tex file). The latex error output for \unknown1 is always parsed correctly. The output for \unkown0 is parsed correctly when the document class article is used, if our custom document class is used which defines a few additional commands then the output for \unkown0 is NOT parsed correctly. The additional latex messages produced by our custom doc class can be seen in the log file I uploaded earlier (I don't wonna upload the complete custom document class). Apparently, the latex output produced by our custom doc class confuses texnic's latex log parser.

     
  • Sergiu Dotenco
    Sergiu Dotenco
    2010-01-13

    Here's the problem: TeXnicCenter parses latex console output, not the log file. Try to find out what part of your class is responsible for producing the described behavior, extract that part and provide it as well. You can also send us the class by e-mail if you don't to make it publicly available. Otherwise we can't help you.

     
  • Alexander Herz
    Alexander Herz
    2010-01-13

    Ok, I've redirected the latex console output, once using article doc class (no_err.log) and once using our custom class (err.log). So these files should contain what texnic is parsing. I can mail you the custom doc class if it's necessary.

     
  • MCh
    MCh
    2010-01-13

    I had seen this bug but I think it was solved with the last update (build 1082).

     
  • Alexander Herz
    Alexander Herz
    2010-01-14

    I'm using the latest build which is available precompiled.
    I'll try to compile build 1082 and see what happens.

     
  • Alexander Herz
    Alexander Herz
    2010-01-14

    Current svn version (1082) doesn't build, because ITaskbarList3 is undefined :(
    I don't really have the time to check why that is. If you can provife me with an installer vor the current build then I can test if the problem persists.

     
  • Alexander Herz
    Alexander Herz
    2010-01-14

    Ok, after registering win 7 sdk it built correctly. Maybe you can place a note in the HowToBuild.txt that mentions the sdk registration. Anyways, the problem persists in build 1082. The message box showing the fubar string I mentioned in my first post has vanaished, TxC still fails to jump to the correct error line.

     
  • MCh
    MCh
    2010-01-14

    This is strange because I downloaded your example and it behaves as expected here (I replaced your class with the article class).

     
  • Alexander Herz
    Alexander Herz
    2010-01-15

    It does work correctly when using the article class, but when using our custim class, then additional output is generated by latex which confuses the TxC parser. I've uploaded our custom class, so you can reproduce the problem.

     
  • MCh
    MCh
    2010-01-15

    In order to run your example, I had to remove the line «\input{../vorlagen/logos} % logos fuer den Seiten-Kopf» in your package. I also had to add the color package in the required packages. After I did that, I got the error for the \unknown0 command and once again, TxC jumped correctly to the error.

    I also notice that you have a funny way to write some commands (with the ../), for instance:

    \ProvidesClass{../vorlagen/tumI2Lehre}

    \ProvidesPackage{../vorlagen/tumI2Vorlesung}

    \RequirePackage{../vorlagen/tumI2Lecture}

    \RequirePackage{../vorlagen/tumI2Vorlesung}

     
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)


Anonymous


Cancel   Add attachments