Within this patch, the handling of temporary and output files was modified and partially rewritten.
- Distinction between temporary files and miscellanous output files: Whereas temporary files are moved to the specified temp folder, additional files can be specified in the preferences, to be treated like output files (moved with output file and/or marked as derived).
- Two separate options in the project preferences for marking output files, and for marking temporary files as derived.
- Temporary files were not marked as derived, if temp folder was not specified
- Temporary file list did not support multiple extensions (such as .synctex.gz)
- SyncTex integration was hard-coded and could throw exceptions
- The option for marking temporary files as derived is not set by default, when existing projects are opened after applying the patch. However, the user can manually activate the option.
- Originally temporary files were checked for having a corresponding project file (with extension tex, sty, etc.). This check caused some problems (as also addressed in support request 3021238), and I was unsure about its purpose, so it was removed. If necessary, it could be added again.