Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

How to add new words in user defined dict

Help
2012-11-03
2013-05-29
  • Is there a way to directly add (within texlipse) words in the user defined dictionary?

in my environment (mac osx lion) I did not find any command for that.

thanks for your suggestion

Markus

• Pål
    Pål
    2012-11-03

Hi

I'm not running mac os, but in my texlipse when I've written a word that is not in the dictionary and a red line appears under it , I can move my marker to it and press ctrl+1 (for quick fix), which gives me the suggestions for how it should be written, but also the option to add or ignore it.

Regards

Pål

• strange, got only the following message when pressing cmd+1:
    No suggestion available:

Which version are you using:

I use:
    eclipse 3.5
    texclipse:  1.5.0

• I also checked the log files in eclipse:
    in the console I only see this:
    running: /opt/local/bin/aspell -a -t -lang=en -encoding=UTF-8
    aspell> @(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.60.6)

• Pål
    Pål
    2012-11-03

Hi

That explains it, as Texlipse isn't using Aspell any more (see http://texlipse.sourceforge.net/manual/spelling.html ). You can use Aspell (it should work the same, but I think the shortcut was ctrl+space). Set up the dictionary as explained on the page above and try if it works (remember to set the language of your project in the properties), as it is better implemented than Aspell, and it will allow you to spell check in other type of code as well.

Regards

Pål
    Pål

• Hi Pal,

ctrl+space was working. Anyway, after following the steps in spelling.html and using the internal spell checker everything works perfectly now.

Thanks, you helped me a lot!!

best regards

Markus

• Pål
    Pål
    2012-11-04

Your welcome :)

Regards

Pål