Help
Christoph
2011-12-25
2013-05-29
  • Christoph
    Christoph
    2011-12-25

Hi @all,

I have some problems with texlipse… When I try to build the projekt I get the message:
    'Building workspace' has encounted a problem.
    Errors occurred during the build.
    Could not move temporary files. Please close any application which accesses them and move them manually.

For every chapter I created a folder with the subfolders 'text' and 'graphic'. The tex files of the chapter are located in the text folder. The aux-file is created during bulding, but is not moved to the tmp folder. If I do not include the chapters, the message does not appear and all files from the main-tex are moved properly to the tmp folder.

There is one folder that works also and does not show a failure; but I created this folder before I updated to the 1.5 version of texlipse.

Do you have any hints to solve this problem?

Thanks and best regards,
    Christoph

• Matthias Erll
    Matthias Erll
    2011-12-26

Hi Christoph,

what do you mean by the folder that works - is this also a subfolder with a chapter? I do not think it should matter if the folder has been created prior to the update. Is there anything special about that chapter (e.g. less sections, headings etc.)?

Without further indications, there are only few possible reasons I could think of. It sounds like a concurrency problem: Something is still accessing the aux-file (or some other temp file), while the file management is trying to move it. The builder is not really multi-threaded (besides being decoupled from the user interface, of course), so it should not be the LaTeX process itself. However, it seems logical, that this occurs only when additional chapters are included, because this is where section headings are written to the aux-file.

Here is just a couple of ideas where to start looking:

- Which builder (output format and sequence) are you using? Possibly I can check further on the builder for potential concurrency situations.
    - What happens if you remove the .aux extension from the "Latex Temp Files" list in the builder preferences? Are all other temp files moved as they should?
    - Could you try refreshing (F5) the folder structure from the project root? Although the builder should know to avoid this, maybe the project information is not in sync with the file system.
    - Is there any other software or process (e.g. antivirus) which could possibly block the file for the fraction of a second?
    - There has also been some cases in Windows (Vista and 7) environments, where files which had just been written to or which have been run (e.g. a script) could not be moved or deleted. This should however be quite obvious, since this blocking usually occurs for several seconds. Have you experienced anything like that?
    - If all of this does not help, could you provide some more information about your project layout; especially, is the main file in the project root or also in one of the subfolders, do you have a separate output directory? Do you use partial builds? This could help to reproduce the issue.

Kind regards,
    Matthias

• milad_p
    milad_p
    2012-05-28

Hi,

I have the same issue as auvdis. The problem occurs when I include (\include{tex-file-path}) another tex-file. The include-command tells latex that the included file should be output on an odd-page for book-style documents or 2-page print. However i get this error whenever I include a file:

Errors occurred during the build.
    Errors running builder 'Latex Builder' on project 'masterarbeit'.
    Could not move temporary files. Please close any application which accesses them and move them manually.

To avoid this I have to use the input-command, which outputs the external tex-file on the next possible page. After that a cleardoublepage-command shifts the content to the next odd page. This happens on Windows 7 64 Bit. On Linux this problem does not occur.

Best regargs,
    Milo

• it seems to be playform independent: same problem on ubuntu (linux 3.2.0-24-generic-pae).

• okay, found the problem:

the svn plugin (of eclipse) locks the files by checking for new revisions/new files to commit

• Anonymous
    2013-03-19

I also have this problem. It does not seem to be related only to svn plugins or symlinks, as I have none of those. How can we get to the bottom of this? Is there a way to turn on debugging to see which file is causing problems?

• marcel boehme
    marcel boehme
    2013-04-09

Remove and add the tmp-folder manually outside Eclipse. Refresh.
    That did it for me.