With Texclipse under the Indigo version of eclipse, 64-bit, on a Windows 7 platform, the "Set as main" option that you get by
right-clicking and choosing "Source…" doesn't do anything. The only file I can compile is the default "document.tex" that appears in a new project.
I think changing the project preferences by typing in the correct filename doesn't do anything either, it always only compiles
PS I am using Miktex 2.9
I am not sure if this problem is related to storing the project preferences, or if something goes wrong during the build process.
When you click "Set as main", does it change the project preferences? Or do you have to modify this manually?
Are there any errors printed to the console?
Many thanks for the quick reply.
All of a sudden it seems to be working. I had made some small changes to the configuration, that I didn't expect to really make any difference, and now "set as main file" seems to work. I am quite sure that at one moment, set as main file did not make changes in the project preferences, but now it does.
Let me ask one more question, if I may: is texclipse robust under the 64 bit version of eclipse, or would it be better to use the 32 bit version?
Congratulations on the great plug-in.
I am glad it is working now. However, if you can reproduce this issue at a later time, please let me know.
Generally the 64-bit version of TeXlipse is just as good as the 32-bit version. The only platform-specific feature that I am currently aware of is the DDE commands, used for PDF viewer interaction in forward search. This has been implemented for both Windows platform versions.
Thanks again, Matthias,
Can you please point me to some info on how to, in the 64-bit case, set up inverse and forward search with sumatra pdf?
there is a good howto on this blog. However, you do not really have to create a batch script, you can also have SumatraPDF call TeXlipse directly.
In short, this is what you can do:
1. Run the following command line:
"<your path to SumatraPDF>\SumatraPDF.exe" -inverse-search "javaw -classpath \"<your path to Eclipse>\plugins\net.sourceforge.texlipse_1.5.0\texlipse.jar\" net.sourceforge.texlipse.viewer.util.FileLocationClient -p 55000 -f %f -l %l"
(the escaped quotes are only necessary if your path includes spaces)
Please note that the path to the TeXlipse plugin changes with each version. Therefore, you need to modify and run the command after each update of the plugin.
2. Set up the following viewer parameters in the TeXlipse preferences for SumatraPDF:
Viewer command: <your path to SumatraPDF>\SumatraPDF.exe
Viewer arguments: -reuse-instance
DDE message to send on view
Inverse search support: Viewer runs external command
Viewer supports forward search: checked
In fact, the DDE command should be like this:
The "%fulltexfile" parameter will provide SumatraPDF with the absolute file path. This might be important when the tex and the pdf file are in separate directories.
I've got a similar problem regarding the main files of texlipse projects.
Last week I've upgraded to the eclipse version Kepler. Since then the main file isn't recognized as project main file any more. Well, switching to another file as main file via [source]->[set as main file] works but the set main file is not accepted as main file. Building the project via [Ctrl]-[b] always builds the currently edited file, not the whole project. I always have to get the main file in focus manually bevor building the project.
btw: Configuration/settings of eclipse and projects have not been changed duringe the upgrade.