Help
Marina
2013-02-28
2013-05-29
  • Marina
    Marina
    2013-02-28

Hello!

I am a newbie and I would truly appreciate someone's advice on how I can view a .ps file edited with TeXlipse with the GV viewer; I have seen in "properties" that this viewer is available with TeXlipse but it gives me errors when I try to view my file. Is the GV viewer installed with TeXlipse or should I install it separately and add a path later? Thank you very much! I am doing a project in college and I need this information, I would appreciate it very much if someone could help me a little.

Thanks!

• Pål
    Pål
    2013-03-04

Hi

GV is not part of Texlipse, you'll have to install it your self. How this is done depends on your system.
    So to Texlipse. In the properties on your project under Latex you can choose the output type and compiler.
    In the Eclipse preferences the viewer under Texlipse needs to be set for gv (in my case it is on /usr/bin/gv) but this is system dependent.

If I use latex+dvips as the compiler and compile a document with ctrl+4 it is shown in GV.

Could you give me some more information about the setup your using, if you need more help?
    On a general note i would recommend using either latex or pdflatex as compilers (with the appropriate converters for the desired file format)

Cheers

Pål