Automatic correction for accent ?

Anonymous
2011-09-27
2013-05-29

• Anonymous
    2011-09-27

Hello,

First of all, thank you for this very nice and useful plugin !

I'm a french user, and in french, there are lot of accents, in every word (almots).

So, typing a text for LaTeX is quite boring, because, you cannot concentrate on what you are typing : always paying attention to type \'e instead of é…

I saw the plugin automatically change "…" in "\ldots". Is possible to do the same with é, è, à, ê, etc…. ?????

Nek.

• Matthias Erll
    Matthias Erll
    2011-09-28

Hi Nek,

user-defined auto-corrections are currently not available, maybe they could be added in a future version. However, you can simply write your special characters such as é, ê, and à, if you use unicode file encoding.

In order to make LaTeX work with unicode, put the following line into your preamble:
    \usepackage{inputenc}

Then you need to change the source file encoding to UTF-8. You can do so by going to the properties of each LaTeX file, view "Resource", and set the "Text file encoding" to "UTF-8". If you want to work with unicode in all files, you can instead go to the Eclipse preferences, view "General" -> "Workspace", and change the "Text file encoding" setting there.

Kind regards,
    Matthias

• Anonymous
    2011-09-30

Great ! Thank you, it will help  me a lot !!