Great that Uebimiau don't die.

guilokie
2006-01-11
2013-05-28
  • guilokie
    guilokie
    2006-01-11

Hallo

I hope I can help the Team of Telaen with my small knowlege.
    We use Uebimiau now for 4 or 5 years, I was frustrated about the last 2 years not much things happend on Uebimiau.org, I hoppe with Telaen it will be going on.

Sorry about my bad English!

I think i can help with Geramn translation and with themplates and testing.

Greats
    Guido

• I agree with you,

I have used Uebimiau 3 years on my old web site, and im ready now to put online a new webmail on my new Website. Im testing Telean, happy to see that some bugs of Uebimiau have been fixed. Hope the developpement will be better for it than Uebimiau, and hope the support will too be better.

• Thanks for your feedback.

As you know, we are a young project and we are doing all of this in our free time. So support is, like in nearly all OS applications mostly up to the users.

But give us some time, we are currently establishing a support-forum on the official website and see, if we start a mailing list.

Guido, feedback and development of templates and testing is always welcome, we can't test everything on our own :-) If you have got improvements on the German language file, send them to me, I am a native German speaker, too :-)

• guilokie
      guilokie
      2006-02-10

The File is here
      http://www.lokitec.net/images/stories/downloads/de.txt
      If the Team wants, i can do a german telan site with support forum on my server, send me the joomla template folder as zip and i start :-)

I work on my first template, and transfer also other templates at this moment.

Greats Guido

• Squintz
      Squintz
      2006-02-21

I just wanted to add that I am watching this application and am going to give it a try tonight.  I just wish there were some screenshots because apearance and usability is a concern of mine.  I will give it a shot tonight and let you know my thoughts.  I have some php experience so i can help you guys out in my free time.

• Jim Jagielski
      Jim Jagielski
      2006-02-21

One thing we are working on is updating the main Telaen site (www.telaen.org) with things like user mailing lists, forums and screensnaps :)

• JimJag, and do you know when the web will be ready?

• No, we don't know yet. But we hope that it will be soon.

• Squintz
      Squintz
      2006-02-21

Hey guys I just installed your scripts on my virtual dedicated server from godaddy running my own install of sendmail and it is working great.  Thanks a ton. 

I do have some questions.  I would like to help you all support this effort in making this script even better.  However I have never worked on an open source project so don't really know where to begin.  I assume I would simply submit and changes to one user who would compile it for the next release. 

I do have one small complaint and that is that you don't use 100% of my browsers real estate.  It seems like you are using fixed width for the layout and I would like to take advantage of the full area. 

One change I would make also is that the Inbox link would refresh the data in the inbox just like the refresh button does.  I don't see any reason for the inbox button to not act this way.

• Jim Jagielski
        Jim Jagielski
        2006-02-22

Squintz, thanks for the feedback!

About how to help: Yes, if you have "patches" to the code, then just post them here (or, even better, when we have user and developer mailing lists and forums on www.telaen.org, there) and we will look them over, test them and fold them into the official release!

One cool thing about Telaen is that the web interface, the actual look and feel, can be changed without changing the actual code itself. We are hoping to bundle in several other "themes" so hopefully one will be more to your liking. :)

Good idea about the Inbox link: I'll play around with that as soon as we release 1.0.0 !