Suggestions for web site & theme porting

• JazzManG

Love this web mail, I think it is still one of the easiest to implement and administrate with the right balance of features. I do have a few suggestions for the new project as it gets off the ground.

First off are the forums. They is probably the best feature (and most used) on the site. I recommend working that into the site, even if it is just a link to the SF forums. And nothing against SF, but most people I've work with do not find their forum or site the best. But I can live with it to get started main things is they are buried and hard to get to at this point (from the main site).

My next biggest desire is to see more people get off and over here. Course I think getting more activity on these forums will help.

After that I hope to see more people porting their themes to Telaen.

In that regards, I’ve previously tried the jimjag patches and porting over a few of the other themes. I found it difficult to figure out what lines needs to be changed and added.

Course I'm not a big fan of the smarty system (too much code in the templates), but it would really help to know exactly what lines of code to insert or change (as opposed to having to compare and read through the change log).

So I suggest to help move that along, creating a theme port instruction file, so it easier for those themes to be changed over.

At any rate, I'm really excited about the project. I've deployed this into production on a RedHat server with apache 1.3.x and PHP 4.4.2 without a problem.

Testing it on Slackware with apache 1.3.x and PHP 4.4.2. So far so good.

Overall, fewer problems than the Uebimiau 2.7.8 and 2.7.9 versions.

• Jim Jagielski
      Jim Jagielski

One thing I've started doing is logging which parts of the themes need to be fixed or changed to handle new functionality. This will hopefully make it easier for people to port their themes over.

Thanks for the feedback! Our hope is to get the forums up and running on the official Telaen site and not use the Sourceforge ones at all...

• Thanks for your feedback :-)

Jim said it all, we are working on the forums on the telaen site.