From: Helmut Brandl <helmut.brandl@gm...> - 2010-07-07 18:47:32
The following paper describes a proof engine for the Eiffel language.
The proof engine allows the verification of the assertions of Eiffel
code. Some language extensions are introduced to express proofs of
assertions. Within the proofs the user can enter proof commands and the
proof engine can verify the correct use of the proof commands.
Modularization techniques are introduced to the keep the proofs small
The proof engine has some improved features to do the burdensome work
for the user. It is expected that the developer enters the key
assertions and proves them and the proof engine can verify the routines
using the key assertions.
- In the first chapter the basic concepts are explained.
- The second chapter introduces the commands of the proof engine.
- The third chapter shows how basic properties of boolean expression can
be proved with the proof engine.
- The forth chapter applies the proof engine to assertions within the
- The fifth chapter shows how routines can be proved.
Find the detailed paper at http://tecomp.sourceforge.net -> white papers
-> verification -> proof engine