Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

GCC compilation warnings when using TCLAP

2010-12-06
2013-05-28
  • Thankyou for writing TCLAP and making it available as open source. It is very much appreciated.

I noticed a few compiler warning when apps use TCLAP. These warnings are emitted when I use GCC with -pedantic -Wall -Weffc++ -std=c++0x. They are for TCLAP classes that have pointer data members but no copy ctor or assignment operator defined. The compiler will generate code for these methods that performs memberwise copy and this might lead to pointer aliasing problems. If the class are not intended to be copied then perhaps private copy ctor and assignment operator should be added. The classes are:

Arg
    CmdLine
    HelpVisitor
    MultiArg
    VersionVisitor

Is there any chance of you looking into this for the next release please? I am using version 1.2.0.

• Daniel Aarno
    Daniel Aarno
    2010-12-20

Thanks for reporting this

> Is there any chance of you looking into this for the next release please? I am using version 1.2.0.
    There is always a chance. Proposed patches increase these chances :)

• Anonymous
    2011-02-25

When will there be a new release of TCLAP please? I submitted the patch that fixes the warnings a little while ago now. I am not desparate for this, just curious.

• Mike Smoot
    Mike Smoot
    2011-04-16

It's out now!  Sorry for the delay.