ANNOUNCE: QuickTimeTcl version 3.0b1 -----------------------------------
First beta of QuickTimeTcl for Tcl/Tk for Macintosh and Windows.
This is an extension package to Tcl/Tk that makes available a lot of
QuickTime functionality for script programming. Most of the features are
collected into a movie widget, which results in an object oriented way of
* Simple playback of audio and video in a movie widget; for instance, play
mp3, view VR panoramas, most video and sound formats, streaming live
content from a broadcaster, shockwave/flash, etc. Remote (URL)
connections can be made asynchronously.
* A sequence grabber widget that previews and captures video and audio from
an external source, such as a web camera or a DV video camera, via the
serial port, USB, or FireWire.
* Editing commands, such as cut, copy and paste, both on complete movies
and down to individual tracks. Video effects through dialogs.
* Versatile methods for making movies from individual images, supporting
sequence compression, usage of all appropriate QT codecs, compression
levels, keyframe rate etc.
* Exporting to a number of audio/video formats via dialogs.
* Most still image formats are supported implicitly by QuickTimeTcl but
via tk's own image widget.
This release includes numerous bug fixes as well as many additional
features compared to previous releases. See the CHANGES file for a
detailed list. The most important additions from 3.0a3 are:
* Making movies from still images, single or a sequence. You can specify
compressors, bit depth, spatial and temporal compression qualities, and
more. Adding a list of images you may utilize both temporal and spatial
compression for codecs that support this, resulting in highly optimized
* A number of commands and options for QTVR panorama movies.
* Reworked and extended ways of saving movies to disk. There are four
different ways to save a movie. Possible to handle the resource fork of
* Many options for adding text to a text track, support for text
* Sequence grabber works on Windows now. Possible to create an audio only
* May load movie completely into memory.
...and much more, not to mention all the bug fixes. Mac and Windows 100%
compatibility (only bugs may be different).
"BSD style" license.
Visit "http://hem.fyristorg.com/matben/qt/"; for additional
info and download.