From: Don Porter <dgp@us...> - 2004-11-30 19:35:00
Update of /cvsroot/tcl/tcl/win
In directory sc8-pr-cvs1.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv10935/win
tclWinFile.c tclWinInit.c tclWinPipe.c
Patch 976520 reworks several of the details involved with
startup/initialization of the Tcl library, focused on the
activities of Tcl_FindExecutable().
* generic/tclIO.c: Removed bogus claim in comment that
encoding "iso8859-1" is "built-in" to Tcl.
* generic/tclInt.h: Created a new struct ProcessGlobalValue,
* generic/tclUtil.c: routines Tcl(Get|Set)ProcessGlobalValue,
and function type TclInitProcessGlobalValueProc. Together, these
take care of the housekeeping for "values" (things that can be
held in a Tcl_Obj) that are global across a whole process. That is,
they are shared among multiple threads, and epoch and mutex
protection must govern the validity of cached copies maintained
in each thread.
* generic/tclNotify.c: Modified TclInitNotifier() to tolerate
being called multiple times in the same thread.
* generic/tclEvent.c: Dropped the unused argv0 argument to
TclInitSubsystems(). Removed machinery to unsure only one
TclInitNotifier() call per thread, now that that is safe.
Converted Tcl(Get|Set)LibraryPath to use a ProcessGlobalValue,
and moved them to tclEncoding.c.
* generic/tclBasic.c: Updated caller.
* generic/tclInt.h: TclpFindExecutable now returns void.
* generic/tclEncoding.c: Built new encoding search initialization
on a foundation of ProcessGlobalValues, exposing new routines
Tcl(Get|Set)EncodingSearchPath. A cache of a map from encoding name
to directory pathname keeps track of where encodings are available
for loading. Tcl_FindExecutable greatly simplified into just
three function calls. The "library path" is now misnamed, as its
only remaining purpose is as a foundation for the default encoding
* generic/tclInterp.c: Inlined the initScript that is evaluated
by Tcl_Init(). Added verification after initScript evaluation
that Tcl can find its installed *.enc files, and that it has
initialized [encoding system] in agreement with what the environment
expects. [tclInit] no longer driven by the value of $::tcl_libPath;
it largely constructs its own search path now, rather than attempt
to share one with the encoding system.
* unix/tclUnixInit.c: TclpSetInitialEncodings factored so that a new
* win/tclWinInit.c: routine TclpGetEncodingNameFromEnvironment
can reveal that Tcl thinks the [encoding system] should be, even
when an incomplete encoding search path, or a missing *.enc file
won't allow that initialization to succeed. TclpInitLibraryPath
reworked as an initializer of a ProcessGlobalValue.
* unix/tclUnixTest.c: Update implementations of [testfindexecutable],
[testgetdefenc], and [testsetdefenc].
* tests/unixInit.test: Corrected tests to operate properly even
when a value of TCL_LIBRARY is required to find encodings.
* generic/tclInt.decls: New internal stubs: TclGetEncodingSearchPath,
TclSetEncodingSearchPath, TclpGetEncodingNameFromEnvironment. These
are candidates for public exposure by future TIPs.
* generic/tclIntDecls.h: make genstubs
* generic/tclTest.c: Updated [testencoding] to use
* tests/encoding.test: Tcl(Get|Set)EncodingSearchPath. Updated tests.