Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

UD-1212-R and USA-28X problem

Help
2008-01-10
2013-05-30
  • I have a problem using these devices in Mac OS Tiger.  When i move the pen across the tablet, the cursor spasmodically jumps around the corners of the screen.  I can't seem to change any settings in Tabletmagic (they are greyed out).  Anyone had this problem before?

• I will also add that when I monitor /Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log, I see a constant stream of stuff like this, whenever I move the pen:

[PROC] "`"
      [PROC] "\06"
      [PROC] "f"
      [PROC] "\18"
      [PROC] "f"
      [PROC] "f"
      [PROC] ""
      [PROC] ""
      [PROC] ""
      [PROC] ""

• Well, it seems selecting the alias serial port "KeySerial1" solved this problem.  Only other thing i've noticed is that this tablet requires a good deal of pressure to register as "pen down"

• Scott Lahteine
        Scott Lahteine
        2008-01-10

Sounds like your UD is in an odd state, possibly because of the problematic connection you had earlier. Try switching it off or unplugging it, then switch it on again and restart TabletMagic. Hopefully it will be in a happy state at that point.

• It seems I can't get Tabletmagic to recognize my tablet correctly.  It thinks it's an "ISD v4.0 (Tablet PC)", which is why the cursor spastically flies around the corners of the screen.  I'm not sure how to make it recognize my tablet correctly again.

• Ah, I might have found the reason.  Under "Extras" it was set to "Don't Query".  Still, it seems I have to press down more than on the Intuos I've used before to register a response.  This might just be inherent to the tablet though.

• Scott Lahteine
      Scott Lahteine
      2008-03-25

Weird. You didn't mention it, but are you running on a TabletPC? I know there was a bug in TabletMagic 2.0b12 where it improperly thought that some Mac laptops were TabletPC systems. TabletMagic 2.0b13 has corrected this problem.

• But version 2.0b13 I cant get anywhere

• Scott Lahteine
        Scott Lahteine
        2008-04-25

I can parse your sentence two ways:

- With 2.0b13 I can't get anywhere
        - I can't get 2.0b13 anywhere

If you mean the second case, it's available at: http://thinkyhead.com/pub/TabletMagic2b13.dmg