tablet recognised, but no data

Help
Anonymous
2011-10-14
2013-05-30

• Anonymous
    2011-10-14

i'm running os x 10.5.8 on a 2009 mac book pro.
    i have a no-name usb-serial adapter and have installed the open-source pl2303 driver. i have installed tabletmagic.
    the tabletmagic pref-pane detects my wacom artpad II (serial kt …) intermittently, but even when it does detect it no data seems to be being passed - i've fiddled with most of the settings but it makes no difference.

any suggestions on how to fix/test this issue?

• Scott Lahteine
    Scott Lahteine
    2011-10-14

We've moved to GitHub! My suggestion is to try an earlier release of TabletMagic, such as 2.0b17d2 or 2.0b16. And try different PL2303 drivers. See the TabletMagic page at http://www.thinkyhead.com/tabletmagic for all the latest info, including adapters and their drivers.

• Anonymous
    2011-10-15

i've now tried the prolific 2303 driver and v2.0b17d2 - still no luck getting data, though the artpad is still recognised (which make me think that that the usb-rs232 adapter must be working).
    i've been trying to find a way to test the adaptor to prove its not that, but with no luck so far (the artpad is the only serial device i have, so i can't connect it to anything else to test). any suggestions of ways to test the set up?
    also - i couldn't find a forum on your site/github, was i just looking in the wrong place?

• Anonymous
    2011-10-17

i also dont seem to be able to find a version earlier 2.0b17 to try - where can i find earlier releases?
    thanks for your help!

• Scott Lahteine
    Scott Lahteine
    2011-10-27

Github doesn't have forums so much, but there's a contact link and people can bug me directly. These forums at Sourceforge never seemed to work very well for my purposes anyway…

So, you can get earlier versions just by copying / editing the download link to the current version. The numbering scheme is consistent. There's probably no point in going back before 2b16. It's the most recent 3 versions that have been getting the most tweaks.