Help
Ingo
2011-07-12
2013-04-11
  • Ingo
    Ingo
    2011-07-12

Dear jfernand,
    I was very curious to try out your tool and downloaded it today.

Unfortunately I cannot get it to run trying to follow the README.NEW instructions:

…the way to run the code would include setting up the class path to include the bin directory of tablesearch, PDFBox library…

First, I guess with tablesearch you mean actually TableSeer ? Second, there is no bin directory after unzipping the compressed files.

This is what I have in the decompressed directory:

build
    build.xml
    dist
    doc
    lib
    README.NEW
    README.txt
    README.txt.bak
    src

I already tried to set the other paths and substituting the bin/ directory for the build/ directory, but all I get is an exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: edu/psu/seersuite/extractors/tableextractor/extraction/SeerSuiteTableExtractor
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: edu.psu.seersuite.extractors.tableextractor.extraction.SeerSuiteTableExtractor
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
            at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
    Could not find the main class: edu/psu/seersuite/extractors/tableextractor/extraction/SeerSuiteTableExtractor.  Program will exit.

• Ingo
    Ingo
    2011-07-12

uhmm, sorry, that was too fast… :)

So, I am really excited about your program and would like to see if I can use for my project, and will be glad for any help on how to solve this issue.

Thanks a lot!

grimbart