Upgrade not possible

Help
2009-03-29
2013-05-02
  • First problem not solved.Trying to upgrade so it appeared necessary. I got the error message:

Warning: require(lib/upgrade/3.3.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/users4/j/jmonnet/www/tabr3/admin/upgrade.php on line 54
    Warning: require(lib/upgrade/3.3.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/users4/j/jmonnet/www/tabr3/admin/upgrade.php on line 54
    Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'lib/upgrade/3.3.php' (include_path='lib/backEnd:lib/frontEnd:lib/utilities:lib/custom:lib/pdf:.:/home/temporaire/upload:/usr/local/lib/php/') in /home/users4/j/jmonnet/www/tabr3/admin/upgrade.php on line 54

Where is to be found this 3.3.php?

Thank you

Michel

• Hmmm, there is no 3.3.php file and there should be none. Even though the error shows TABR should run fine.

There was no database upgrade lately and all modifications up to verson 3.3. are contained in 3.0.5.php

• Jim Russell
    Jim Russell
    2009-11-23

I have the same issue. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Jim

• All updates are done in 3.0.5.php
    Check TABversion in the OPTIONS table and report it please.
    If it says 3.3 everything should work perfectly.

• Jim Russell
    Jim Russell
    2009-11-24

I had just downloaded the latest build. Created dbase and user. Uploaded and imported the tab3.3_blank_db.sql.gz. Changed the config.php with the info on new dbase and user. Install said it needed upgrading and there is where I got the error.
    Jim

• Oh! Hmmm. You actually should not need to upload the blank db. When using install.php It creates the database for you. The blank database is an option intended for getting started without installing or upgrading afterwards. We should provide a new upgraded blank database.

• Actually my current PHP crashed the webserver when leaving away the optional parameter mysql link parameter $l on mysql_close! Strange!

Delete your DB and modify admin/install.php:

36: $l = mysql_connect($CONFIG_DB_HOSTNAME,$CONFIG_DB_USER,$CONFIG_DB_PASSWORD);

40: mysql_close($l);

• Jim Russell
    Jim Russell
    2009-11-25

I updated the install.php. I deleted the database and got the error that it couldn't create it. I verified that the config.php info was correct. I added the database and imported the tables. When I tried to install, it gave me these errors.

Warning: main(lib/upgrade/3.3.php) : failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lhs1971/public_html/tab2/admin/upgrade.php on line 54

Warning: main(lib/upgrade/3.3.php) : failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lhs1971/public_html/tab2/admin/upgrade.php on line 54

Fatal error: main() : Failed opening required 'lib/upgrade/3.3.php' (include_path='lib/backEnd:lib/frontEnd:lib/utilities:lib/custom:lib/pdf:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/lhs1971/public_html/tab2/admin/upgrade.php on line 54

I'm also confused by the install instructions. How do you "Grant access to the DB user for the database" when the database is not yet created?

I'm easily confused.
    Thanks
    Jim

• There are 2 options:
    1. The database user has the right for CREATE DATABASE (IF NOT EXISTS). If so install.php will create the DB (line 38).
    2. You create the database (It has absolutely no table and nothing in it) and the db-user (in config.php) has the rights create/drop table etc. then TABR will create only tables because the DB exists already.

In both cases please do NOT use the SQL file.