Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

[URGENT ] register_globals ON

Help
2009-09-18
2013-05-02
  • Hi,

The php.ini have been changed by the administrator (Amen.fr) !
    I do not have any access to the php.ini. Since this morning, tab doesn't work and I have this message :

«**Fatal error: php.ini register_globals MUST BE off. TABR will malfunction.**»

Is it possible to run TAB with  register_globals "ON" ? If yes, what I have to Do ?

Thank you for your replies …

Greetings from France
    Dominique

• Tobias
    Tobias
    2009-09-18

Hi,

It is _probably_ possible to run TABR with register\_globals on, however I _strongly_ discourage you to do so.
    Our code has **NOT** been designed for the use with register\_globals on, so turning it on is **unsafe** (and does eventually not even work).

I can only urge you to contact your admin and tell him to turn register\_globals off, since turning it on on a running (i.e. not newly installed system) is even worse!

If you want to try to run TABR with register\_globals on, read the following instructions. **ONLY DO THIS AFTER YOU HAVE READ THE UPPER NOTICE AND THE (http://www.php.net/manual/en/security.globals.php) IN THE PHP DOCUMENTATION WHY register\_globals IS _BAD_**

To run TABR with register\_global turned on, uncomment lines 43,44 of lib/init.php:

if(ini_get('register_globals'))  // If register_globals is enabled
              $errorHandler->error('version','Fatal error: php.ini register_globals MUST BE off. TABR will malfunction.');

I remind you once more that this is only a **temporary** solution and you have to turn register\_globals off as soon as possible.

Greetings
    Tobias