Company name field

Jaime Leon
2006-09-06
2013-05-02
  • Jaime Leon
    Jaime Leon
    2006-09-06

I am considering TAB2 for a business environment.  It works great handling the addresses and phone numbers of our contacts.  However, we don't find any dedicated field to record the company name of our contacts. It appears TAB2 assumes you would never want to record both a contact name and the company he or she works for.

Is there a workaround for this?  For now at least, I am using Line1 of the Primary Address to record the company name, but this doesn't seem like an elegant solution to my requirement.

Thanks in advance,
    Jaime Leon

• Jaime Leon
      Jaime Leon
      2006-09-07

As a suggestion for future addition, a field for the contact title would also be useful for this system when used in a business environment, i.e titles like General Manager, President, Service Engineer, etc.

Thanks,
      Jaime Leon

• katzlbt
        katzlbt
        2006-09-09

Take a look at this:

http://tab-2.sourceforge.net/address.php?id=1

I have added an Occupation and a Company to this record.

Does that seem useful for you?

If you need a specific organizationalUnit drop down, that is part of the SSL-CA plugin.

• katzlbt
      katzlbt
      2006-09-09

For me the group of a contact is the company name. This works because on our intranet many contacts are from the same group/company.

If you use the group for something else you need to use additional data for the company like:
      Company|example.com

The address book is undergiong some major redesign  to a DIV-based even more flexible strusture and maybe we can solve that in one of the next versions.