Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Screensaver doesn't come on Windows 7

scriptor
2009-11-17
2013-04-29
  • scriptor
    scriptor
    2009-11-17

I am running two computers. Windows 7 and Win XP. I upgraded Windows 7 two weeks ago from Vista. Under Vista, my screen saver would come on as normal (both synced). After upgrading to Windows 7 on one computer (server), Synergy keeps both of my monitors awake. All night they just sit on. Even with all windows closed (and synergy running) they don't shut off. If I exit all the way out of synergy, then the monitors go to screen saver after 15 minutes like normal, and eventually the monitors power down.

Has anyone addressed this and is there a fix? I have searched the forums but the only screensaver issues I find is sync issues.

Thanks!

• jerrodbug
    jerrodbug
    2009-11-22

have the same setup, and also have the same problem.

• Blue Focus
    Blue Focus
    2009-12-28

I have exactly the same setup with the same problem. The server runs on the Win7 box. I've tried disabling screensaver sync just in case it had something to do with the fault but it didn't help.

• Lennybot
    Lennybot
    2010-01-13

Having the same problem. Only I upgraded my Synergy server computer from XP to Windows 7, so I had to do a clean install.My other computer (client) is running XP still.

So I'll be watching this thread.

Lennybot

• Mathias Ricken
    Mathias Ricken
    2012-02-23

Same problem here. Synergy server running on Win7, Synergy client on WinXP. Win7 (server) screensaver never starts.

Any advice? Thanks.