5th September 2005 Sylpheed-Claws 1.9.14
SYLPHEED-CLAWS RELEASE NOTES
Sylpheed-Claws is an extended version of Sylpheed, a GTK+ based,
lightweight, and fast e-mail client
This is the GTK 2 version of Sylpheed-Claws.
Notes for this release:
* The 'Open first unread message when entering a folder' option has
been replaced with 'When entering a folder select...', allowing the
user to 'Do Nothing','Select first new (or unread) message',
(falling back to first unread message if there are no new
messages), or 'Select first unread (or new) message', (falling back
to first new message if there are no unread messages).
Whether or not the selected message is opened is now exclusively
controlled by the 'Always open message when selected' option.
* Filtering and Processing rules can now be given a name. The
configuration file is converted to the new format automatically and
the old file is backed up to ~/.sylpheed-gtk2/matcherrc.pre_names.
* A new icon for the Trash button has been added.
* The 'Bold font' option has been removed. A displayed bold font is
now derived from the normal font.
* The option 'Display recipient in 'From' column if sender is yourself'
has been removed from the GUI. It still exists as a hidden option,
available in ~/.sylpheed-gtk2/sylpheedrc as 'enable_swap_from'.
New in this release:
* Many improvements to the Address book including a generally more
consistent and intuitive GUI, better labels and reworked and more
logical menu items, context sensitive buttons depending on how
the address book is called and allowing only relevant actions.
Icons have been added to the buttons, fixes to LDAP support, and
fixes to drag 'n' drop.
* It is now possible to paste wrapped or unwrapped text into the
Compose window. A '/Special paste/' menu item has been added with
sub-items 'as quotation', 'wrapped', and 'unwrapped'.
* Colourisation of quotes, signatures, and URIs has been added to the
* A 'To' column has been added to the message list pane.
* The displayed columns in the folder list are now configurable,
'/View/Set displayed columns/Folder list'
* A hidden option has been added, 'toolbar_detachable', that enables
the removal of the toolbar handles.
* A hidden option has been added, 'statusbar_update_step', that
enables changing the sensitivity of the progress bar stepping.
* Changes to the Fonts options are now applied immediately.
* Subfolders of Drafts, Queue, Sent, and Trash now behave like their
* An 'Open image' menu item has been added to image popup menu in the
* Several optimisations and speed-ups have been added throughout.
* The localedir, manualdir, and faqdir are now user-configurable.
A new script to blink an ASUS laptop's mail LED when there is
Use Sylpheed-Claws icon and the text 'Sylpheed-Claws' in the menu,
use kdialog during installation
* updated translations: Brazilian Portuguese, Finnish, French, German,
Serbian, Slovak, and Spanish
* Bug fixes, including the following:
o bug 32, 'Search Doesn't display results if "Hide Read
Messages" is chosen'
o bug 517, 'messages removed from summaryview when moving
o bug 686, 'Message view on Drafts/Sent should be the same on
o bug 769, 'Typo in manpage'
o bug 771, 'Dragged contacts not saved'
o bug 776, 'S.C. crashes on close'
o bug 777, 'Sylpheed crash in account configuration'
o bug 780, 'MSexchange IMAP - using IMAP "Sent Items" and
"Deleted Items" folders'
o bug 787, 'multilevel delete causes SIGSEGV'
o bug 788, 'Bogus "From" address displayed'
o bug 789, 'SC crashes with imap (CVS ver)'
o bug 791, 'IMAP Automatic auth mode always defaults to
o bug 795, 'Connection lost IMAP'
o bug 797, 'Summary view reloads when new mail is downloaded
in 1.9.14 rc'
o bug 800, 'Locked messages no longer show up when hide read
messages is used'
o fix building on NetBSD and FreeBSD
o fix building on Solaris
o fix instant-apply of summary and folderview-related prefs
o fix emphasis color on rechecking 'Colorize messages'
o fix offline mode for NNTP
o IMAP: Fix bug with LIST where we'd try to get
o fix bug where msgview_visible option was overwritten as
TRUE on startup
o fix replying to an attached message
o fix privacy settings on re-editing a sent message
o fix invisibility of SMTP SSL prefs in NNTP accounts
o workaround for broken MUAs: encode Content-type: name: as
ASCII and Content-Disposition: filename: as per rfc2231
o fix colour labelling
o fix pgp plugin loading adn signature verification
o fix flickering in folder list
o fix crash in 'line length exceeded' dialogue
For further details of the numbered bugs listed above consult
* and other code reorganisation, cleanups, and more.
See ChangeLog-gtk2.claws and README.claws for full information
regarding changes in this release.