SYDI-SQL is a tool to help people create documentation for their MS-SQL servers. It uses vbscript and produces output in MS-Word format or XML.
The biggest news for this version is the XML support, so from now on Microsoft Word is no longer a requirement. XML also opens up the possibilities with what you can do with SYDI.
In this version there transformation is only done to html, but it could be to virtually anything. A word of warning though, before you shape your life around this :) since this is the first version with XML support the schema might change.
Changes from the last version:
- Added XML support as an option to Word (removing Word as a requirement)
- Added the script sydi-transform.vbs which can transform xml output to html.
- Added a -v option to check for the latest release
- Made SP's into headers so they appear in the TOC in Word
- Added -o option for output file
You can find the latest release here:
As usual feedback is always welcome.