SYDI-Server is a tool to help people create documentation for their Windows servers and clients. Information is gathered with WMI and with registry reads. It uses vbscript and produces output in MS-Word format or XML.
The biggest news for this version is the XML support, so from now on Microsoft Word is no longer a requirement. XML also opens up the possibilities with what you can do with SYDI.
In this version there transformation is only done to html, but it could be to virtually anything. A word of warning though, before you shape your life around this :) since this is the first version with XML support the schema might change.
Changes from last version:
- Added XML support as an option to Word (removing Word as a requirement)
- Added local groups (on non DC machines) and option -wg
- Fixed -wu option, I missed a line in the last version :)
- Added the script sydi-transform.vbs which can transform xml output to html.
- Added a -v option to check for the latest release
- Rewrote readme file
I must say, I never thought I'd write a vbscript larger that 100 Kb :)
You can find the latest release here:
As usual feedback is always welcome.