Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

CVS activated for other would-be developers?

Primus
2004-12-09
2013-05-01
  • Primus
    Primus
    2004-12-09

• I might enable this at some later point but not at the moment. Do you have any ideas or requests about what could be improved?

• Primus
      Primus
      2005-01-26

Nothing extraordinary... was thinking the following section:

6.4.    Printers

Should enumerate network printers... I am assuming it only does local printers as my network printers don't show up. Just says:

Print Spooler Location: C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\PRINTERS

Might be handy to have an option under this section:

3.6.    Currently Installed Programs (Windows Installer)

To list *.exe files OUTSIDE (could be an option to include as well) of the windows directory, as not all software is installed. Standalone example we use: http://nessuswx.nessus.org
      Best bet would be to list the exe name, with the exe's "internal name" next to it.

• I had network printers in the report in the earlier versions, but that was removed. This was done since network printers are just connections like mappings. If you want the network printers you can change the line:
      Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select DriverName, Name, PortName from Win32_Printer Where ServerName = Null",,48)
      To:
      Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select DriverName, Name, PortName from Win32_Printer ",,48)

Could you clarify what you mean by listing exe files OUTSIDE? Im not quite sure I know what you mean.

• Primus
      Primus
      2005-01-28

Now that I think more, you are right. Local printers are more appropriate.

Well, there are a bunch of exe/com files in the windows directory. This is not the common place for an admin to place standalone utilities (most likely its on the desktop or in a folder off the root), thus you'd probably want to exclude this directory from listing exe/com files. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to list this as well, it's just that there are so many.