Menu

common customisations

graycat
2005-11-09
2013-05-01
  • graycat

graycat - 2005-11-09

I've just been making a few customisations to v1.6 and was wondering what people's common changes were. This could prove interesting to other users and provide some feedback to Patrick :)

my customisations:

- highlighted all information to be manually entered in red
    - expanaded the hints to be more specific for the job in question
    - added a version / revision table on the first page
    - added a table for entering in backup job information

over to you guys.

Tim.

• Patrick Ogenstad

Hi Tim,

What do you mean by expanaded the hints to be more specific for the job in question?

Patrick

• graycat

graycat - 2005-11-10

Hi Patrick,

Sorry to have left it vague. The kind of things I've changed are adding more detail into the Support Contract to provide all the information needed, expanded the Contact information and altered the Password sections. It's mainly to reflect our setup and give specific points that needs listing, for example local admin password for DC incase a Directory Restore is needed as well as asking for any specific locally installed software that might need a password (UPS for example).

I've also changed the wording in a few cases so it spells out what info is needed to people who might be "slightly less technical" than most, if you see what i mean. ;-)

Tim.

• hazza2004uk

hazza2004uk - 2011-05-05

I have added Firewall Configuration for upto Windows 2003 and Windows 2008, also a part for the configuration of Automatic Updates/WSUS, and also added if running Windows 2008, what Roles Features are installed. Just looking now at how to seperate the Firewall Profiles and list (useful) exceptions.