Sweet Home 3D is a free software designed to draw the plan of a home, arrange furniture on it, and display the result in a 3D view.
This software is aimed at people who wants to design their interior quickly. The user may:
- draw the walls of his rooms upon the image of an existing plan,
- change the color or the texture of the walls, the floors and the ceilings,
- drag and drop doors, windows and furniture onto the plan from a catalog organized by categories, in which he can import 3D models created by himself or downloaded from Google 3D Warehouse and other various web sites,
- change the size, the orientation, the elevation, the color and the texture of each piece of furniture,
- view the changes in the plan simultaneously in the 3D view, either from an aerial view point, or from a virtual visitor view point,
- draw dimensions, compute areas and add texts to the plan,
- print the home plan and the 3D view or export them to a PDF file,
- export the plan to SVG format, and the 3D view to OBJ format,
- compute a photorealistic image from the 3D view and export it at PNG format,
- create a video from a virtual path in the 3D view and export it at Quicktime MOV format.
Sweet Home 3D is available in 16 languages and may be run under Windows, Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.6, Linux and Solaris with Java Web Start from project web site at http://sweethome3d.sourceforge.net/ , with installers bundled with Java available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/sweethome3d/download , or with an applet available online at http://www.sweethome3d.com/SweetHome3DOnline.jsp?trial=true .
The version 2.6 provides bug fixes described at http://www.sweethome3d.com/history.html .