Version 0.1.1 of Sweep , a sound wave editor has been released.
Source is available from:
RedHat RPMs for i386 are also available:
Sweep is an editor for sound files. It can edit various formats such as
.wav, .aiff and .au, and has multiple undo/redo levels and filters. It
is Free Software, available under the GNU General Public Licence.
This release incorporates a new loadable plugin interface, support for
ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture ) 0.6.0, support for LADSPA
loadable effects modules, some new plugins, new Hungarian, Italian and
German translations, and documentation updates, including a new Plugin
Writers Guide .
LADSPA  is an effort amongst the Linux Audio Development community to
produce a standardised interface for audio processing plugins. A large
number of existing filter and effects plugins exist for LADSPA in the
Computer Music Toolkit , including high and low pass filters,
compressors, expanders and limiters. In order to gain maximal use of Sweep
please install this toolkit.
Thanks especially to Paul Barton-Davis, Nicolas Léveillé, Silvia Pfeiffer,
Gergely Nagy and Yuri Bongiorno for contributions to this release.
 Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 Sweep Plugin Writer's Guide
 Linux Audio Developers Simple Plugin API
 Computer Music Toolkit
ChangeLog entry for this release:
Sun Oct 8 14:55:21 EST 2000 Conrad Parker <conrad@...>
* merged in new native plugin interface
* merged in ALSA 0.6.0 support from Paul Barton-Davis
* added ladspameta plugin for LADSPA support
* added byenergy plugin
* added Hungarian translation by Gergely Nagy
* added Italian translation by Yuri Bongiorno
* added German translation by Silvia Pfeiffer
* added plugin_writers_guide.txt in doc/
* set up include/ directory, moved sweep*.h header files to it
* changed colour scheme
* changed sweep.png desktop icon to match new colours
* many small changes since version 0.0.9
* released version 0.1.0