== SvxLink release 13.06 -- 06 jun 2013 ==
One of the most notable changes in this release is that the internal
rate have gone from 8kHz to 16kHz. This will extend the available
audio bandwidth from 4kHz to 8kHz. In reality, SvxLink will filter the
about 5kHz bandwidth. It is also important to use the correct audio
SvxLink Server. If the old ones are used, the speech will be very fast.
archive to use is sounds-en_US-heather-16k-13.06.tar.bz2.
The EchoLink module now have an autoconnect feature, which have been
for quite a while by some people.
Lots of smaller improvements and bugfixes.
== Complete ChangeLog for SvxLink Server version 1.1.0 ==
* Bugfixes in APRS statistcs.
* Modified DTMF-decoder's bandwidth to be more tolerant against voice audio
and to comply with the ITU-T Q.23 und Q.24 standards.
Patch from Steve / DH1DM.
* ModuleParrot: A new event handler has been added which make it possible to
play a sound, for example a roger beep, when the recorded audio has been
* ModuleEchoLink: Added an autoconnect feature where one EchoLink ID can be
set up for auto connection. SvxLink will try to connect whenever idle.
Original patch by Robbie / ON4SAX and Volodymyr / UR3QJW.
* 16kHz internal sampling frequency is now the default. This will increase
the theoretical audio bandwidth from 4kHz to 8kHz. In reality the
response starts falling off after 5.5kHz due to filtering.
* Improved pre/de-emphasis filters.
* The QSO recorder now print out when being activated and deactivated.
* ModuleEchoLink: Now possible to disable use of Speex for EchoLink.
be of use when running SvxLink on a system that have a less powerful CPU.
New config variable: USE_GSM_ONLY. Have a look at the ModuleEchoLink (5)
manual page for more information.
Patch from Adi / DL1HRC.
* Improved error handling when reading the SQL_DELAY, SQL_START_DELAY and
SQL_TIMEOUT config variables.
* Bugfix: There were an audio stuttering problem at the end of the long
when using 16k internal sampling rate on slower hardware. This has now
* ModuleEchoLink: The language for remote announcements were always the
default. The DEFAULT_LANG config variable were ignored. Now it is
to set a DEFAULT_LANG config variable in the ModuleEchoLink.conf file
only affect remote announcements.
* Improved printouts so that it's easier to see which part of SvxLink
module etc) that made the printout. Also added a printout for
* ModuleEchoLink: Listen only was falsely indicated when the EchoLink module
was remotely activated.
* Periodic identifications were missing now and then under some conditions.
This should be fixed now.
* The maximum QSO limit (MAX_QSOS) did not work for outgoing connections for
all use cases.
* Now possible to specify NONE for RX and TX in all configs. For example,
previously it was not possible to specify NONE for uplink RX or TX in
== Complete ChangeLog for Qtel version 1.1.0 ==
* Qtel now support 16k internal sample rate.
* The sound card sample rate can now be set in the configuration dialog.
* The "100% CPU load after incoming connect" bug in Qtel has been resolved.
== Complete ChangeLog for the EchoLib library version 1.1.0 ==
* Now possible to force use of GSM codec only. This may be necessary on
less powerful systems.
== Complete ChangeLog for the Async library version 1.1.0 ==
* New class AtTimer to set a timer that expires at the specified time of
* Now using clock_gettime instead of gettimeofday to get the time for timers
since the former provides monotonically increasing time which the
* Fixed a buffer overflow bug in the AudioInterpolator.
* There now is an overloaded Config::getValue function which can take a
container, like an std::vector, to read in a number of space
from a configuration variable.